My current obsession is turning recipes that requiring frying into an air-fryer recipe. This is one recipe that worked perfectly for the air-fryer. It’s become a weeknight night go-to dinner in my house because of how quick it is to throw together, the fact that I usually have all of the ingredients to make, that it’s essentially chicken nuggets for adults, and it’s quite tasty!
Air-Fried Chicken Schnitzel (makes 3-4 servings)
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs (preferably panko but any bread crumb will work)
- olive oil cooking spray
To Make It
- You’re going to prepare 3 bowls.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 tablespoon of paprika, the garlic salt, the kosher salt, and the black pepper.
- In the second bowl, whisk the eggs with 2 tablespoons of water.
- In the third bowl, combing the bread crumbs with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of paprika.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess. Then dunk the chicken in the egg mixture. Let any excess egg mixture drain off. Next coat the chicken in the bread crumb mixture. Finally, spray each side of the chicken generously with the cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the air-fryer basket and cook at 400F for 14 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, flipping the chicken at the half-way mark.
Note: You can also use chicken breasts; however, you will want to place them in a plastic bag and pound them until they are 1/2-inch thick.
Recipe adapted from – What’s Gaby Cooking: Eat What You Want