This recipe is super simple, super quick, and pretty tasty. If I’ve got a busy week, you can pretty much guarantee that this is on the menu.
Blackened Tilapia Burrito Bowls (makes 2 servings)
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Additional optional toppings – avocado, black beans, corn
To Make It
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Evenly coat both sides of tilapia with cajun seasoning.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add tilapia to skillet. Cook tilapia until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Divide rice among 2 plates. Top rice with tilapia. Add lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and any additional toppings.